Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service to link the actions of a user during a browser session. Session cookies expire after a browser session ends. Session cookies are not stores beyond this.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
We may use remarketing services to advertise to you on third party websites to you after you visited our Service.
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook. Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy.
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page.
Our commitment to protecting your privacy is paramount at EMERGE. This policy sets out when and why we collect personal information, how we use it and how we keep it secure. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
If you have any queries about this policy please contact EMERGE at Units E1-8, New Smithfield Market, Openshaw, Manchester, M11 2WJ, by email (email@example.com) or by calling 0161 223 8200.
EMERGE is a group of companies comprising of parent charity EMERGE 3Rs t/a FareShare Greater Manchester & Touch Wood (Company No. 3556346) and the subsidiary Social Enterprise EMERGE Recycling (Company No. 03819791).
Service are the websites www.emerge3rs.org.uk, www.faresharegm.org.uk, www.emergemanchester.co.uk and the content contained within.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession). Non-personal data means data that is in no way personally identifiable.
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User) is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data. This term may also be used to refer to a visitor.
A Visitor is someone who browses our website.
We will collect several different types of information including personal information from you for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you. You volunteer this information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, when you use our services, register with us to become a volunteer, sign up to receive our newsletter, make a donation to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
Types of Data Collected
Personal Data – while using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, Postal Code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
Usage Data – we may also collect information about how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your device’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Location Data – we may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customise our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your device settings.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies are used our Service to link the actions of a user during a browser session, these expire after a browser session ends and are not stored beyond this
- Preference Cookies are used to remember your preferences and various settings
- Security Cookies are used for security purposes
Use of Data – EMERGE uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
EMERGE may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
EMERGE will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Volunteer data collected through online forms will be held for at least three months from the last date of interaction with EMERGE.
Transfer of Data – your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United Kingdom and process it there.
With respect to the website www.faresharegm.org.uk ONLY FareShare Greater Manchester may also share your data within the FareShare National network.
Disclosure of Data
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personal date to outside third parties. Non-personal information may be used by EMERGE or provided to other parties for marketing and advertising purposes.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement – under certain circumstances, EMERGE may be required to disclose your Personal Data to enforce our site policies, protect your rights or the rights of others’ property or safety if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Legal Requirements – EMERGE may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of EMERGE
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data – The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. EMERGE aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification – you have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete. We will do this within 30 days of your request.
- The right to object – you have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction – you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent – you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where EMERGE relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Our Services can sometimes address those under the age of 18 (“Children”). This can be because a child chooses to volunteer with us. Here are the relevant conditions for children and young adults. We collect and keep information about you so that we can arrange and manage your volunteering with us, contact you about it and follow our Safeguarding processes whilst you are with us to keep you safe. We’ll tell you why we’re collecting your personal information, explain why, how we use it and for how long. If we need your parent or guardian’s permission, we’ll explain that at the time.
We can only use your personal information if we have a valid reason. We share personal information about you to others, but we never sell your personal information to anyone.
Children and young people have the same privacy rights as adults – you can ask us what personal information we hold about you, as us to correct or delete your personal information and ask us to stop using your personal information. If you are 13 or older you can do this for yourself – if you are under 13 a parent or guardian will probably have to do this for you.
If you do not have an ongoing relationship with us as a customer or service user but have chosen to remain in contact with us, you will have given us your prior consent. In this case we will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or post unless you have given your prior consent.
To change your communication preferences please contact EMERGE at Units E1-8, New Smithfield Market, Openshaw, Manchester, M11 2WJ, by email (email@example.com) or by calling 0161 223 8200.
Your personal information is kept private and stored securely. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. Your information will never be shared with a third party.
Social Media – the data we are given access to by social media services will vary but will always be in line with the Terms of that service. We will not be able to access your private messages or photos and it will include only what you specifically send to us.
EMERGE’s websites may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Facebook – remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook here. You can opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads following their instructions here.
Google AdWords – remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can learn more about the privacy practices of Google by visiting their privacy terms page here. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page here.
Analytics – we may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
EMERGE email marketing campaigns may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity, and other activity. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
External Links – Third Party
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website or on EMERGE’s social media channels.
EMERGE cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and EMERGE cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Resources and further information
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us.
- This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Name’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United Kingdom.